Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Not About Me.....

When ever we grow weary I remind myself and others who work with us that it's not ever about us but that it's about them..


and him and her...


and her and him...



and Abagail and Korpu...


about Melvin and sometimes even kids we dont know their names of..




its about those in need, the hurting, the hopeless...

its about him and others...



its about orphans and about needy families.


I have some final thoughts as I leave Liberia today...

Each trip I take here, I continue to be astounded at the resilience of the people here. The friends we make along the way. The partnerships that continue to develop and grow that benefit the Liberian people. The faces of the children who are a reminder in my sleep that I made a commitment here. I know God places Compassion in the hearts of his people including me which moves us to become involved in ways we never dreamed. Global Orphan Outreach will never be about me. Global Orphan Outreach is always about the people who step out and become involved in one of its many programs and projects. Its about the Liberian people we partner with to accomplish the goals set out before us all. Its about the children we serve. Its about the relationships we build with each other along the way and the encouragement we give. Its allowing our outreach work to be the living gospel acted out on a daily basis to those around us.

Int his pic is Pst Peter, Professor Flomo, and myself having a board meeting in front of our office. We dont have a fancy office but what we have is effective.



Josephus, our FMN Country Director, wearing pretty beaded necklaces that a lady named Rainy made. FMN will soon have special jewelry to sell that benefits the program that is made in Liberia. Love his sense of humor.


Look at the size of that pineapple! Yep, I think I did eat my weight in fresh pineapple this week. I also paid for it by having a day or so of many trips to the rest room. Haha.




Pst. Peter in our Global Offices.


Interesting picture of a couple of school girls who were dressed up for an African awareness day at their school.

A special shout out to our friend Sedkie who has been awarded a Fullbright Scholarship to the States for 3 weeks. It is a real honor to win. I spoke with Sedkie and he is so excited for the opportunity. Sedkie does videoing and camera work for Global Orphan Outreach in Liberia.

No comments:

Post a Comment