Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Family Reunion

Today we were able to take time to get Barvor’s older brother and younger sister together before Barvor leaves to go to the states for his much needed eye surgery in New York. When Barvor’s medical case was referred to us, no one was aware at that time that his younger sister Korpu, was the little girl we already were caring for in our FMN Children’s Homes. Barvor lives in a different orphanage and his older brother, Mulbah, is attending school for the blind. What a happy reunion it was. Although you cant tell from these pictures... I am glad I will be able to provide pictures for all the siblings to keep for years to come. Their mother was unable to attend as I had to cancel my meeting to go into the bush to pick her up and do other things due to a scheduling conflict.


I took Barvor down to the beach today. I also bought him sunglasses to help protect his eyes from the bright sun that seems to make his eyes feel worse. He was sooooo proud of those glasses.



I explained to Barvor that we were going to get on a plane tomorrow and fly across the water to the other side and there would be New York. A pretty big concept for a little guy who has not seen much of Liberia what alone travel...




No comments:

Post a Comment