Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hi all again. Looks like I have the job of blogging here until Donna gets back. Don't worry, she is heading back on Friday! They are having internet problems tonite (sounds like the typical trip with no internet when you really need it the most) so Donna and Christina aren't able to get pictures downloaded. We promise to be up and running some great pictures as soon as they are able.

I just got off the phone with Donna. They had another productive couple of days. First off, they had a great workshop at Cuttington University for Forget-Me-Not foster homes. The day consisted of teaching care-givers, nurses and social workers proper therapy techniques and special care for the kids in the program. Awesome opportunity! Christina is such an asset for this program!!

While in Bong County they had a water well dedication. Donna said this was a truly amazing experience. Sounds like this was one of the favorites of the ladies there. I can't wait for the full story and pictures later.

Today they had meetings with the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health and the Embassy. Interesting stuff there going on as well. Today was also a day of buying supplies for Forget-Me-Not foster homes.

We discussed some other issues and then ran out of minutes. :(

I have been very encouraged with the interest in the rice program as well. I cannot tell you in words the thankfulness from the families in Liberia that have received rice. We have some letters coming home to the families from them. Let's not forget how important a meal a day is for these families! Families that are helping...if you are reading, THANK YOU!

Maybe I can conjure up another post here before Donna gets back but I am convinced hers are what you really want to hear. I know I do! She promises day-by-day posting when she is home.

I will share with you a picture of a boy who is special to me. He had this little hand-made ball to learn soccer with.


We sent him this one. Here are a few shots of Yonconjay playing with his new ball. He is such a sweetie!




No comments:

Post a Comment