Thursday, April 15, 2010

Friday Flight Cancellation

Looks like I am your blogger for yet another night. All flights from Liberia have been cancelled until further notice. Yikes! NOT good news for the girls needing to get back to their families! And to add alittle salt to the wound, word has it that if this thing keeps erupting it could be a week or more before flights resume.

We have this big volcanic cloud to thank for disrupting their takeoff tomorrow. :)



I am seriously hoping they will be able to leave soon but I can't help but picture the girls being stuck like this somewhere...sometimes I have a bad sense of humor! If you have travelled with Donna in the past this picture gets more funny each time you look at it. Sorry Donna for having fun at your expense. :)


Since I haven't heard much from Liberia today I will just fill in with something from my end. Recently, I called Liberia and wanted to talk to my friend. I must have been on the phone for 5 minutes and then I asked, "How are the kids doing?" He paused and said, "Oh, she is fine!" Then I knew that all along I had been talking to someone in Liberia that was a complete stranger because my friend had 3 children I was asking about. Well, funny thing, we enjoyed chatting so we just kept chatting for a while. We decided that since he knew some people that I know in Liberia, that we would keep in contact. Through getting to know him (Momo) I learned that his daughter could not stay in school due to all the same reasons that most Liberian kids find it difficult. Needless to say, this little girl has been on my heart and we have been wanting to find a sponsor for her and work her into our program. Is she not just the cutest little girl? I can't wait to meet her someday, I love the "chance" happenings, they make the most fun stories.

So lately, I have been thinking about getting our school here to sponsor a school there. Get the kids involved and let them see that they can change a life. How? With a walk-a-thon. Yup! Planning for that (hopefully) in the month of May. You'll have to stay tuned for the updates.......

No comments:

Post a Comment